Agenda / Materials / Speakers / Sponsors
Fifty years ago a hypothesis was presented to the New York Academy of Science. The theory stated “A butterfly could flap its wings and set molecules of air in motion which would move other molecules of air in turn moving more molecules of air — eventually capable of starting a hurricane on the other side of the planet.”
Today, the butterfly effect remains as a theoretical reference to the sensitive interdependence whereby a small, seemingly innocuous change can result in large differences. The butterfly effect doesn’t only impact on the grand stage, each action…or inaction…that you as a family of wealth takes has a butterfly effect on your immediate family as well as the future generations of wealth owners within your family enterprise.
The goal of this program is to identify, analyze and synthesize into action what you can do more, better or differently as a family member, family office executive or adviser and how to measure the impact of those actions today, and on into the future: the butterfly effect.
This year’s event will build upon the lessons learned by multigenerational families of wealth and how the actions they chose helped them succeed. Topics include:
- Engaging the next generation
- Preparing for change in the family enterprise and the family office
- Benchmarking compensation and incentives to remain competitive and retain key talent
- Employing state of the art best practices, innovation and adopting winning strategies
- Building effective trusts and communicating plan intentions
- Fostering teamwork in the governing board and family
- Deploying capital in private equity and other smart investment decisions
- Facilitating smooth business owner transitions and empowering new wealth owners
- Improving family interactions and communications to enhance family dynamics
And other impactful actions of families who have needs, interests and challenges, just like yours.
Registration is open to Family Office Exchange members and qualified family and family office non-members by invitation. For membership inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
For registration assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-327-1252.