Altantic Trust Private Wealth Management highlights the following in their Economic and Investment Overview for the first quarter of 2014:
- Economy: Stronger global growth in 2014
- U.S. – less fiscal drag, more jobs. 3% growth achievable.
- Europe – slow recovery, deflation risks remain.
- Japan – “Abenomics” experiment working so far.
- Emerging economies – wild card in the global growth story. Slower growth, more inflation in many countries.
- Equities: Bull market, but more challenging in 2014
- Policy: Fed looks to normalization
- Fixed income: Difficult environment continues
- Alternatives: A mixed bag